The following web sites and organizations offer reading, resources and advocacy that many of us turn to regularly in the battle to preserve and expand liberty. We hope you’ll find them helpful in strengthening your knowledge of libertarian principles.
Resources to Expand Knowledge of Libertarian Principles
- Mises Institute – http://www.mises.org | The world center of the Austrian School of economics and libertarian political and social theory.
- Foundation for Economic Education – http://www.fee.org | FEE’s mission is to inspire, educate and connect future leaders with the economic, ethical and legal principles of a free society.
- Bastiat Institute – http://www.bastiatinstitute.org | The Bastiat Institute’s mission is to increase understanding of the principles of Austrian economics, free markets, individual liberty, and peace.
- Advocates for Self Government – http://www.theadvocates.org/ | The Advocates for Self-Government equip libertarian activists with the tools and skills they need to successfully impact their communities.
- The Cato Institute – http://www.cato.org/ | The Cato Institute promotes American public policy based on individual liberty, limited government, free markets and peaceful international relations.
Libertarian Takes on Events and Issues
- Reason.com – http://reason.com Reason is the monthly print magazine of “free minds and free markets.” It covers politics, culture, and ideas through a provocative mix of news, analysis, commentary, and reviews.
- United Liberty – http://www.unitedliberty.org/ United Liberty’s aim is to unite the freedom movement with commentary on news and issues related to free markets, individual liberty and limited government.
Legal Battles for Liberty
- Institute for Justice – http://www.ij.org Engages in cutting-edge litigation and advocacy both in the courts of law and in the court of public opinion on behalf of individuals whose most basic rights are denied by the government. Our four pillars of litigation are private property, economic liberty, free speech and school choice.
- Pacific Legal Foundation – http://www.pacificlegal.org/ Public interest legal organization that fights for limited government, property rights, individual rights and a balanced approach to environmental protection.